Friday, December 7, 2012

Test Corrections for Chapter 8 & 9 Exam

Test Corrections: Opportunity to Earn Back Credit on Foner Chapter 8 & 9 Exam
Due: Wednesday, 12/12
Directions: For every question that you got wrong, take the following steps. For every question you complete accurately, you will receive 1/2 credit back, to increase your exam score before it is entered into Jupiter.

  • Identify the problem number
  • Identify Your Answer Choice-- the whole statement
  • An explanation of why that answer is incorrect must be provided.
  • Identify The Correct Answer Choice, as a statement

Example of What To Do:

#6
My Choice: the United States doubled in size
This answer is incorrect because the question asks which of the following does NOT describe the Louisiana Purchase of 1803. My answer DOES describe the Louisiana Purchase, as do answer choices a, c, and d. Since the Louisiana Purchase caused an increase in the size of the United States, and was purchased FROM the French, there is no way that French power was not able to expand in the Western Hemisphere.
Correct Answer: French power expanded in the Western Hemisphere

Here are examples of What NOT to do: I will not award credit for statements that do not clearly exhibit learning:
 I read the problem wrong.
 I wrote down the wrong answer.
 I don’t know
 I mixed my numbers





1.